Thursday, January 26, 2012

Easiest flight simulator game to control?

I need the easiest flight simulator game to control, I tried Microsoft Flight simultor X , it was extremly real, but to control the plane even using the autopilot while following the AI instructions is still not easy, for example i hardly can land on the runway, rather the best i can get is landing somewhere else inside the airport, sometimes in the terrain surronding the Airport :(

is there is any more simple game so i can land much easier using only the keyboard? in FSX each arrow i hit is count and hardly can adjust the angleEasiest flight simulator game to control?
I'm a constant FSX user, but just a kid and certainly not a "proffesional" at flying, but I think I can help you out there, since I've gained quite a few hours in computer flight time.

I know the basics of this operation in FSX, it's called autolanding. Let me guide you through this process step by step.

1. When you are approaching the airport you plan to land at, bring up the map where you can see your flight analysis and stuff. Scroll the map over to where the airport of your choice is and click on it. Another window titled "Facilities" should pop up, and select the ILS runway of your choice. Another window should pop up showing the statisitcs of this ILS runway. Look for the runway's ILS frequency, and remember it. Return to the original flight screen.

2. Open up the radio panel (I think it's Shift-2) and look for the bar where you can input the NAV1 frequency. Change this frequency to the ILS frequency from earlier.Just below this screen displaying the number is another switch. Turn it on.

3. Close the radio panel. On the main aircraft's autopilot panel, click on the button labeled APP (approach) and then turn on autopilot (with the Z key) If everything was done right, you should be able to hear an occasional morse code sequence being tapped out. The plane will now align itself with the runway without any aid from you!

4. All you have to do is manage the altitude and speed, which should be much easier!

That's it! If any following answerers see any mistakes or errors in my explanation, feel free to correct me, as I'm still learning too!



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment